Open our February 2019 newsletter...
Your apprentice must have a contract of employment and be paid at least the apprenticeship wage:
The apprenticeship wage is currently £3.50 per hour for all apprentices in their first year. Apprentices aged 19 and over that have completed year one will be entitled to the minimum wage for their age.
|Year||25 and over||21 to 24||18 to 20||Under 18||Apprentice|
As part of the apprenticeship funding, 20% of your apprentice's contracted hours must be ‘off the job training’ and within their contracted hours.
We will tailor-make the Apprenticeship Programme to meet the needs of your business and specific requirements.
All apprentices must meet the criteria below before enrolling onto an Apprenticeship Programme:
- Have the right to work in the UK.
- Be 16 years or older after the last Friday in June of the academic year.
- Not be enrolled on another apprenticeship, or another funded FE/HE programme at the same time as the apprenticeship.
- A citizen of a country within the European Economic Area, and have been ordinarily resident in the EEA for at least the previous 3 years on the first day of learning.
- Have a contract of employment with your employer and be paid at least the apprenticeship wage in your first year.